A brighter, whiter smile can boost your confidence and improve your appearance. Find out how to get a whiter smile below:
Evaluate Your Habits
Good habits are the first step to getting whiter teeth. Ask yourself the following questions to see if there is room for improvement:
- Do you brush your teeth after every meal?
- Do you brush for two full minutes ever time?
- Do you floss every single day?
- How often do you go to the dentist for checkups and cleanings?
- Do you drink too much soda?
- How much water do you drink every day? Is it at least 8 glasses?
- Do you eat sugary food or candy?
- Could you cut back your coffee intake?
- Should you drink less red wine?
- Do you use a whitening toothpaste?
- Do you use a whitening mouthwash?
After evaluating your habits, start getting whiter teeth by making the necessary improvements, then move on to other whitening methods.
Try At Home Whitening
Mount Pleasant Dental Care offers at home whitening treatments so that you can whiten your teeth on your own schedule whenever it is convenient. You’ll be given trays that are specifically molded to fit your teeth, and a professional whitening gel. Follow your dentist’s instructions about how often to use the trays and how long they should be left in your mouth. This process is effective, but it takes a few weeks for noticeable results to show up, so it is a good option if you’d like to gradually whiten your teeth at your convenience.
Schedule An In Office Whitening Appointment
If you’re looking for immediate results, in office whitening treatments are a great option. The procedure usually takes about an hour and when it is over, your smile will be noticeably whiter. You won’t have to do anything during the procedure, just come in, relax, and leave with a brighter smile. You can even follow up an in-office whitening with at-home whitening treatments to maintain a bright white smile.
To learn more about protecting your teeth and getting a whiter, more attractive smile, schedule an appointment at Mount Pleasant Dental Care.